A license is an administrative authorization, in principal indefinite, regarding the activities that can be carried out in a private space, granted by the city council.

It has to reflect the dimensions and characteristics of the space (according to the regulations on security, healthiness, sanitation, architectural and sectorial barriers) and the situation (according to urban regulations, to avoid the saturation in determined zones, or disturbances to the neighbors, for example).

Logically, certain licenses are more rigorous than others, and some can include various complementary and compatible activities. The license is associated to the space and, therefore, the proprietor must process it.

An activity permit is an administrative authorization, in principle limited in length, to carry out a special activity in a place that does not have the specific license, in a public space, or with characteristics that are not foreseen in the normal standard.

Typically, you must solicit a permit for events of a determined capacity, installation of temporary architecture or mobiles, occupation of a public space, change in authorized hours, popular parties or crowded events, cultural acts, etc. The permit is associated to the event and, therefore, must be processed by the organizer.

Go—PopUp has an objective to facilitate the agreement between proprietors and users to transfer spaces. The availability of the licenses and corresponding permits is a fundamental part of the viability of a project for a temporary store or event, and Go—PopUp compromises by publishing the relevant information in the files of the spaces (subject to the information provided by the proprietors) and to provide the necessary tools so that the users can explain to the proprietors the objective of their activity.

In this sense, Go—PopUp undertakes no obligation to confirm the veracity of the data or to advise conclusively on the appropriateness of licenses or permits. For this reason, we direct you to our collaborating specialists, whom you can contact through the form on this same page.

The responsibility regarding the solicitation of licenses and permits falls on the proprietors and users, depending to whom they correspond. Go—PopUp cannot guarantee that a transfer processed through the website will receive all the necessary legal and administrative requisites, but it will provide tools to resolve doubts through its collaborating specialists, to those who can be contacted through the form on this same page.


The insurance policies of Civil Responsibility cover fortuitous contingencies, due to accidents or unforeseen incidents. In no case does it cover incidents caused by the failure to meet regulations, like excess in capacity or other limiting circumstances defined in the licenses of the spaces or in the activity permits.

Before publishing your space and transferring it through Go—PopUp, you should consult with the city council about what activities you can carry out in the space, and solicit licenses that correspond in function to the same commercial objectives you have. In case of doubts or required technical assistance, you can contact with our collaborating specialists, through the form on this same page.

It depends on the license and the type of event. In general, there is certain flexibility to carry out temporary activities in spaces with sales licenses—those that fulfill the capacity limitations, security and sanitation regulations, and the hours in which it will occur in concurrence with the public.

There are those that have special precautions dealing with food. For example, in general enclosed products can be sold in any commercial location, but the manipulation of food only can be carried out in authorized locations; in exchange, an external catering service can be used to serve in any space if they are contracted through a company with permission to do it. We recommend consulting in any case, if you have doubts.

Ultimately, the organizer of an event is responsible for what happens. Therefore, once the proprietor informs the organizer of the licenses the space has available, the organizer should check if the license is sufficient to carry out the desired activity, or if additional special permits are needed, of whose processing and fulfillment will be subject to possible reclamations and sanctions.

The organizer of an event is responsible for what happens, so how the user complies with the limitations of the license or permit have an effect. The proprietor should communicate in a transparent manner, and provide copies of the documentation to the user that includes all of the necessary information. In spite of this, and to avoid sanctions, we recommend the proprietor maintain fluid communication with the user, ensuring that activities carried out in the space do not deviate out of the reasonable and foreseeable scope of the licenses. In case of doubts, we recommend that both parties consult with an expert on the matter.

As we have said previously, the organizer of the event is ultimately responsible for what happens and should establish necessary means to avoid any incident, so like getting the corresponding administrative permits. In no case should the capacity exceed what has been established for the space (and that can depend on the configuration of the event), nor the hours permitted by the regulations of the city council, to avoid problems with the neighbors and actions of law enforcement in case of a complaint. The proprietor should provide you with all the necessary information about the licenses and the characteristics of the space so that you can evaluate whether additional permits are required, or if you need to adjust the requirements of your activity or event.

The proprietors of spaces published or contracted through Go—PopUp should provide the necessary information about the licenses of their space to the user. If this is not the case, we recommend the user get in contact with PopPlaces.com customer service. Once the user gives said information, they should ensure that it is appropriate for their activity. In case of doubts or required technical assistance, you can contact with our collaborating specialists, through the form on this same page.

The user is responsible for obtaining the necessary permits to compliment your license for their activity, if that is the case. You should provide accurate and complete information about your license (and, if possible, copies of the corresponding documentation) to the user so that they can evaluate the project. To avoid incidents, we recommend that you have a fluid conversation with the user to ensure they will complete the necessary processes, if it is necessary. In general, the users already try to find appropriate locations for their activity, but in case of doubts or required technical assistance, you can contact with our collaborating specialists, through the form on this same page.

Contact us